Celebrating International Fragrance Day with Aera For Home
International Fragrance Day is March 21, but the Aera For Home team celebrates all year long! To honor the best smelling day of the year, we’re sharing some fun facts about scent, as well as highlighting our top three best sellers to ensure you have the best smelling home on the block.
So how did International Fragrance Day originate? No one quite knows, but we do know that people have been enjoying fragrances for thousands of years. The oldest perfumery was discovered on the island of Cyprus and dates back to the Bronze Age. In fact, this perfumery covered an estimated surface area of over 4,000m² - meaning that perfume manufacturing there was on an industrial scale! (1)
Some other SCENTsational fun facts include:
- We are 100x more likely to remember something we smell, than something we see, hear, touch or taste.
- Smell is highly subjective yet 85% of people remembered their childhood when they caught the smell of Crayola crayons.
- 75% of the emotions we generate on a daily basis are affected by smell.
- People can recall smell with 65% accuracy after a year. Sex, age, era and culture all affect our interpretation of scents. It’s a subjective sense.
- The human nose is amazing and can identify around 1 trillion different scents!
Aera’s carefully designed signature home fragrances are built by layering top, middle, and bottom notes, each corresponding to a different part of the scent experience but dispersing simultaneously. You can learn more about understanding fragrance notes here.
Knowing that scent is so subjective, it can be hard to know which Aera fragrance to choose. To help in your decision process, we’ve narrowed down our top three best sellers.
Still not sure which fragrance is best for you and your home? Find your perfect fragrance match here.