Are you a pet owner and embarrassed by pet odors in your home? Aera is the smart, modern way to eliminate pet odors. The Aera Diffuser acts as a pet odor eliminator, deodorizer and air freshener all in one! By neutralizing pet odors, Aera helps you create a fresh & welcoming home for you and your guests.
Beyond the help of the Aera diffuser to eliminate pet odor, here are five simple actions and changes you can make to prevent pet odor in your home:
1. Regular Home Cleaning Routine:
- Home: It may sound obvious, but the best way to prevent pet odor in your home is to clean regularly and set a schedule you can stick to; this includes vacuuming, mopping, dusting and laundry. Vacuum carpets, rugs and mats three times a week to eliminate pet hair and sweep/mop hardwood floors every other day. Rent a steam cleaner or hire a professional to properly clean your carpets every 2-3 months for best results.
- Furniture: Pet smells are notorious for hiding in furniture. An easy (and all natural) DIY hack to freshening up your pet smelling furniture linens is simple – all you need is baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Remove all cushion covers, slipcovers and pillows and wash in a mix of oxy powered laundry detergent and ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar. Vinegar is a power ingredient to remove pesky pet smells. Sprinkle baking soda on furniture, carpets and beds and let it all sit overnight so that the baking soda can absorb the odors. Vacuum any remaining baking soda in the morning.
- Pet Accessories: Don’t forget to clean you furry friend’s bed, linens, toys/accessories and cage weekly to remove pet smells and prevent pesky odors from occurring. Try the baking soda DIY tip on your pet’s bed as well!
2. Regular Pet Cleaning Routine:
- Clean Paws: Sounds obvious, but do you regularly clean your pet’s paws after a walk or outdoor excursion? Probably not. Get in the habit of taking the time to gently wash your pet’s paws everytime they enter your home. You’ll notice a huge difference in the look of your floors and furniture, and also the smell of your home.
- Grooming: Brushing your pet daily is essential to remove any dander and loose fur. Talk to your veterinarian about how often to bathe your pet. Between baths, try using grooming wipes, which help remove dirt and remove pet odor. Also, don’t forget to your brush your pet’s teeth! Your pet’s bad breath spreads and adds to overall foul dog smell in your house. Try teeth cleaning dog treats in addition to manually brushing their teeth.
3. Keep Windows Open: Sounds easy enough, right? When you can, let fresh air in to your home to remove pet odor. Add a fan or two around your house to circulate the air even better.
4. Air purifier: Keeping windows open isn’t always an option, and can be an issue if you have outdoor allergies. If you don’t have allergies, pet odors, like urine, contribute to the unpleasant smell in your home. For a healthier and more enjoyable living situation, invest in a high quality air purifier to reduce dust and other allergens in the air. Be sure to replace the filter every couple of months.
5. Deodorize / Freshen the Air: No need for pet odor candles claiming to remove pet smells, Aera is the best air freshener for pets because it acts as a pet odor eliminator, pet odor deodorizer and pet air freshener all in one (not to mention it is much safer being child-friendly and pet-friendly!) Aera also lasts much longer than pet odor candles, or any candles.
Take a look at the amazing features/benefits of owning an Aera:
- Aera is the first diffuser of its kind to enable consistent home fragrance with luxurious scents and adjustable settings to match any room.
- Control and create schedules with the AeraForHome app
- Adjustable settings 1-10 for small, medium, or large rooms
- Consistent, long lasting fragrance for up to 60 days
- Hypoallergenic scent technology, safe for your family, pets & home
Do you have any favorite tips or DIY hacks for removing pet odor in your home? Let us know in the comments!