In honor of National Relaxation Day taking place today, we’ve rounded up our favorite relaxing and comforting scents to help you unwind. Did you know that scent plays a significant role in our mood, focus and creativity? In this day and age, it’s so easy to get caught up in daily stressors and forget to take time for ourselves to relax and rejuvenate. Relaxation is so important for our bodies and mind as it restores energy, improves our health and allows us to better deal with any challenges that may come our way.
Try out these simple relaxation techniques and relaxing Aera scents to begin de-stressing your life and improving your health.
1. Lavender: A go-to scent for relaxation, lavender is known to help with insomnia, anxiety, depression and restlessness. Our Lavender fragrance combines soothing French lavender with fresh mandarin and bergamot. A few of our favorite relaxation ideas to pair with Lavender include:
- A bubble bath or warm Epsom salt soak for a soothing and meditative experience. No bathtub? Try a simple foot soak to receive the same health benefits.
- Meditating before bed. New to meditation? Try out apps like Insight Timer that provides over 10,000 guided meditations.
- Throughout the night to aid in sleep. Studies show that reading before bed helps you sleep better at night – try this to get an ever deeper sleep.
- During a massage. Don’t forget to look into self-massage tools for an affordable, easy at-home option.
2. Vanilla: A comforting scent that brings up nostalgic memories for many. Treat yourself to our Vanilla fragrance, delicious Madagascar vanilla swirled with creamy tonka and aged bourbon. A few of our favorite relaxation ideas to pair with Vanilla include:
- Journaling. Try out a gratitude journal or the 5 Minute Journal if the idea of journaling tends to overwhelm you.
- Browsing recipes for a new treat you’d like to bake. We love Pinterest for inspiration.
- Catch up with friends and family on the phone. Make a list of a few people you’ve fallen out of touch with and reconnect to bring more joy to your life. A simple “I’m thinking of you text” to a loved one will bring you happy thoughts as well.
3. Sandalwood: Ever walk in the woods and feel completely rejuvenated? The smell of the outdoors is proven to help lower depression and stress levels. Sensuous sandalwood, mysterious balsam and exotic oud with hints of lime and bitter orange, our Sandalwood fragrance will transport you to a relaxing cabin in the woods. A few of our favorite relaxation ideas to pair with Sandalwood include:
- Brainstorming vacation ideas or bucket list items.
- A fun DIY home project (Pinterest is great for this too!).
- Listening to your favorite type of music or podcast.
4. White Tea: Our White tea fragrance is a refreshing infusion of white tea, jasmine, wild thyme, rose and citrus – some of the most relaxing scents. A few of our favorite relaxation ideas to pair with White Tea include:
- Watching your favorite movie.
- Trying out a new hobby like knitting, sewing, blogging or cooking.
- Writing a letter to a relative or friend.
5. Citrus: Citrus can help you feel more energized and is a great scent to help you feel more uplifted and joyful. Our Citrus fragrance combines sparkling lemon and orange with clary sage and mellow cedarwood. A few of our favorite relaxation ideas to pair with Citrus include:
- Yoga or your at-home exercise routine for a workout boost.
- Dancing – who says you can’t dance at home? Turn up the tunes and get moving!
- Entertaining. Whether it’s a game-night, or a dinner party, having family and friends around you can help you feel more calm, happy and loved.
We hope you try out some of these relaxation techniques and scents. Let us know in the comments your favorite relaxation/self-care ideas, and be sure to follow along on our Instagram and Facebook for more inspiration.